Selling a house can be difficult and exhausting experience, but there is a way to make it more tolerable! You don’t need a major renovation to transform your house; a simple staging presentation will make your space refreshed, cleanly and inviting for new buyers. While you can make as big of a transformation as you like, we’ve nailed down a basic list for you to take into consideration:
- Welcome visitors with an inviting porch. A fresh new paint job, or redecoration with plants and lights will create a welcoming atmosphere for any guests entering.
- Get your house sparkling clean. From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle.
- Choose sophisticated neutral colors.Now is not the time to experiment with that “fun”-looking lime green. But that doesn’t mean you need to go all white, either. Rich midtone neutrals like mocha and “greige” create a sophisticated backdrop that makes everything look more pulled together.
- Entice people to explore the whole house.By placing something that draws the eye at the top of the stairs, in hallways or in corners, you can pique curiosity and keep potential buyers interested throughout a whole home tour. A piece of artwork, a painted accent wall, a window seat, a vase of flowers, a hanging light or even a small, colorful rug can all work to draw the eye.
- Create a gender-neutral master bedroom.Appeal to everyone with a clean, tailored master bedroom, free of personal items and clutter. You can’t go wrong with clean, crisp linens, tasteful artwork and a blanket folded at the foot of the bed.
Staging the home is an art that anyone can master! It’s all about making a home welcoming and liveable to everyone with a positive atmosphere. For help with your home staging, contact flying Colours Paint, your painting experts.